Friday 8 July 2011

Friday, 8th July 2011 PM

Number of outfits worn: Five (including stetsons)

Number of Bucking Broncos ridden: Seven

Number of hours spent smiling: 21.2 (down from normal levels due to sad encounter, see below)

Risk level of lockjaw setting in: Severe - *Red Alert*

Heavens to crimbers, what a day! Firstly, I met with the brave little cancer suffered Diamond Marshall, aged six. If I wasn't such a dependable trooper, she would have nary reduced me to a puddle of tears; such bravery and spirit. 


Look, no tears. I'm such a trooper!
The occasion was totes ruined by a belligerent Easterly breeze though which left me doing a 'Lindsay Lohan' to the soldiers on more than one occasion in my primrose yellow, silk Jenny Packham summer dress *blushes*. It's a tremendously good job I have the legs of a racehorse or else I would be quite hysterical with shame. 

These tragic and sad occasions I witnessed this morningtide are part and parcel of life as a Duchess and I suppose my delicate heart will harden to such suffering over time. If only we had been pre-warned of the changeable weather, I would have worn my starchy linen dress instead and kept my Royal modesty in tact - *botheration*. Note to self: request daily weather/wardrobe pow-wow from hereon in


Good job I decided on underwear today.
Mummy always tells me to wear a slip. Mummy's always right, such a rock, not only to myself, Pipsy, Daddy and Jimbers, but to millions of other in Buckers and beyond. *Legend*

Earlier this evening, Big Willy said we were going to take a tour of Compton whilst in Los Angeles. I said I thought this sounded jolly nice, and asked if it was much like Old Compton St in London. He said no, it was the 'hood. Becoming increasingly perplexed by BW's new found lingo, I asked what the 'hood meant. Short for neighbourhood dear, he said, and the hood is always a bit 'rough'.

Oh dear, doesn't sound too much of a smashing time actually; the only neighbourhood I've been through is inner-city Reading and that was from the confines of Mummy's Audi A4 estate with the doors locked but I am a gung-ho girl, nothing fazes me, so I will do my duty and follow the lead. 

BW also told me not to wear any blue or red whilst we are cruising through said "'hood". I said this was a darn shame as I had just packed my scarlet satin and wool Catherine Walker coat! *what a to do*




No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a private journal, but comment is free: