Sunday 3 July 2011

Sunday 3rd of July 2011 AM

Number of outfits worn: 2 (so far)

Number of Love Boats sailed upon: One 

Number of hours spent smiling: 15 (and it's only lunchtime)

Risk level of lockjaw setting in: Elevated


Had a bonkers dream last night that I was chef de partie at the Institut de tourisme et de l'hotellerie de Quebec! I wore chef whites and whipped Big Willy at the lobster souffle and croustillant a l’effiloche de canard confit...but then as I fully emerged from my reverie, I realised that it was actually the day I had lived yesterday! Amaze! Life is so cray cray right now, it's hard for me to distinguish between dreams and reality.

Honestly, it's this big. I know, you wouldn't think so would you?

 Super fun was had all round at the cookery workshop and then it was Ships Ahoy! aboard the Love Boat *tee hee* aka the HMCS Montreal upon which we took an overnight river cruise to Quebec City. Such larks aboard a proper frigate, BW and I 'bunked down' in the head officer's quarters, oh, it was like being Kate and Leo aboard the Titanic *dreamy*. The bunks were a bit of a squeeze, but we are *so in love* it only adds to our adventure!!


This morning we were up at the crack of dawn for a repast with the shipmates and then off on more walkabouts. I do so enjoy getting to know the real Canadians, so welcoming to us newbies. I slipped on my second Erdem dress (more Canadian brownie points in the bag) and it was on with the show.


Why did I decide on all these lacy dresses? They're bringing me out in hives.
I did just hear rumour of some potential protesting in the city. Not sure what about, maybe a proposed bypass or pesky power station afoot. Anyhoo, I will totes flash them one of my winning smiles and nod with empathy to their cause, that should be sure to placate them; no-one can resist, apparently!

That's a long enough entry in the ship's log for now, busy afternoon ahead, more dress changes and soirees; soooo tiring, can't wait to be back putting my feet up at the Welsh ranch.


PS, I caught a glimpse of the Monegasque wedding cake just now. Totes ridic, too much vulgarity for words. They should have enlisted Fiona; now she makes a classy royal wedding cake.

Eurotrash

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a private journal, but comment is free: